Oil Cleansing is a great solution for all skin types especially for acne-prone and dry skin. It helps gives the skin hydration boost and better cleanse. If you think using an oil-based product on your skin would cause breakouts, it won't! Likewise, stripping off too much of its natural oils can cause dryness; and dryness makes your skin vulnerable to harmful bacteria and inflammation or any skin problems.
Most cleansing oil contains a blend of natural essential oils such as castor oil, coconut oil, geranium oil, olive oil, rosemary oil and Vitamin E. These essential oils contain hydrating, antioxidants, antiseptic and Vitamin E to help hydrate and restore skin's natural balance.
Oil-based cleansers are milder than alcohol-based skincare products-they can't cause skin dryness. Oil cleansers have the ability to remove even the most long-lasting make-up. Even the essential oils that have been used on most oil cleansers are natural and they won't clog on skin pores or cause excessive oiliness. They don't even contain soap, it means it won't strip off the natural lipid barrier of the skin or cause dryness. So oil-based skin cleansers are really worth a try!
Steps on How to Oil Cleanse your Face
- Read the instructions on the product label. Usually, 3-4 drops of oil is enough especially to dry skin.
- Apply and massage the oil gently and thoroughly all over your face for a minute or two. This will allow the oil to sink in and remove the dirt, make-up and bacteria in the surface and those that clogged in your skin pores. Massaging the skin also helps stimulate the circulation of the skin's natural radiance and helps drain excess fluid that causes face puffiness.
- Use a damp and warm cloth to gently remove the oil cleanser and residue off your face. Just wipe it off gently, don't scrub your skin. By wiping it off, a small amount of oil will remain on your skin which will help moisturize it.
- If you're planning to double cleanse your face, after using and oil cleanser, just follow up with a regular cleanser. Double cleansing is usually done if have a very oily skin or if your make-up can't be thoroughly removed by your oil cleanser. However, if you have a dry skin, double cleansing is not advisable and too harsh for your skin type.
- Gently pat your damp skin with a dry soft towel. Do not roughly rub your skin.
- If your skin is exceptionally dry, you can add another drop or two on your skin as a skin moisturizer. But if you have an oily skin or acne-prone skin, do not reapply.
- Oil cleansers can remove eyelash extensions.
- You must use oil cleanser ONCE A DAY. It's advisable to use it at night so that your skin can rest and absorb the moisture all night.
If you want to take your skincare routine to the next level, try using oil cleansers. Your skin will surely feel radiantly soft and moisturized. You can also use Vitamin C Serum after cleansing your skin for a better result.