Vitamin C Serum is a powerhouse when it comes to skincare. It's multipurpose skincare, whether you want to level up or simplify your skincare. It has several skin benefits - enhance, protect and repair your skin.
However, not all Vitamin C Serum contains the same ingredients or concentration and even the container or bottle used is not the same.
No worries! Choosing the right Vitamin C Serum for your skin type is not that hard. Here are some tips.
The best vitamin C Serum for your skin should have:
- L-ascorbic acid – This is more effective than Vitamin C derivatives when it comes to skincare ingredients. When looking for the best Vitamin C Serum, make sure that L-ascorbic acid one of the top ingredients.
- The concentration of 10%-20% L-ascorbic acid - when it comes to concentration of L-ascorbic acid, the level should be higher than 8% to get the maximum results. But 20% concentration level is not healthy for the skin or it could lead to skin irritation.
- An airtight packaging and tinted or dark glass bottle to black sunlight - Vitamin C Serum should be sealed tightly. Exposure to air, heat, and light can degrade the serum and will be less effective.
- Other ingredients: Ferulic acid + Vitamin E + glutathione - These ingredients are skin boosters that could help improve your skin. Vitamin E helps stabilize Vitamin C to protect skin and glutathione, an antioxidant good for the skin.
- And the price should not be a factor. You should opt for the brand with the best quality that fits your budget
Remember, a higher percentage of L-ascorbic acid doesn't mean it's better than other products. A serum with higher than 20% concentration can be too strong for the skin and it can cause breakouts, skin irritation, or itchiness. Of course, you don't want the serum to itch or sting your skin after using it. If you have an acne-prone, dry, or sensitive skin, opt for a lighter serum with less than 20% L-ascorbic acid.
Keep in mind that when it comes to skincare, you don't need a fancy or pricey one; opt for a Vitamin C Serum that fits your skin and budget. The bottom line is, Vitamin C Serum is the best one when it comes to anti-aging and keeping your skin healthy.