Are you confused about the difference between facial serum and facial oil? The ever-growing skincare trends are overwhelming and it's hard to keep up. With the vast array of skincare products available in the market today, it's hard to choose the best ones that are safe and suitable for your skincare. Here's how the two products differ and their skin benefits.
Facial Serum and its Benefits
- A facial serum is water-based. It means that it has small molecules and it can penetrate deeply into the skin pores.
- A serum is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients that can visibly help brighten skin complexion and help hydrate skin.
- A Serum helps slow skin aging due to its antioxidant content. It slows down signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- The serum also protects skin from UV rays and environmental damage caused by pollution.
- The serum also helps boost collagen and repair skin damage caused by the sun's UV rays and pollution.
Facial Oil and its Benefits
- Facial oil has larger molecules but can still provide amazing benefits to the skin. It contains 200 molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin pores and provide skin hydration.
- Facial oil helps hydrate the skin and add nutrients to the skin
- Facial oil is loaded with essential oils that will help skin feel soft and helps moisturize dry skin.
- Facial oil that contains olive oil and other essential oils helps protect and adds hydration and glow to the skin.
How to Add Facial Serum and Facial Oil to your Skincare
- Adding a facial serum or facial oil to your skincare routine is easy and beneficial to your skin.
- Cleanse your face
- Put a few drops of serum or oil to your palm
- Apply the product on your still damp face using your fingertips
- Gently massage the product across your forehead, cheeks, chin, and neck and below your collarbone and chest.
- Allow the product to penetrate your skin pores for s few minutes
- Apply a moisturizer on your skin after the serum or oil
Facial serum and facial oil are both skincare products that can help give your skin hydration, fight skin aging and protect skin from environmental damage such as sun's UV rays and free radicals. So if you want healthy and youthful skin, give your skin super hydration - face serum or face oil.