If you are struggling with skin problems like acne and pimple breakouts, natural skin care can help you look better. Did you know that it's not only the skin care products can help your skin look beautiful, but also the food that you eat? Beta carotene rich foods can help you fight skin problems.
Beta carotene is the yellow or red-orange pigment that is present in foods and you can only acquire them if you eat these foods. They are also important sources of Vitamin A and essential nutrient for the skin's health.
Why is beta carotene important?
- It is an important antioxidant that helps fight free-radical that can damage your skin.
- It helps slow skin aging.
- It helps resists skin damage due to sun exposure. Skin also needs sun protection when you go out for optimal skin health.
A lot of studies have proven the benefits of eating beta carotene rich foods. They are proven to be helpful in making the skin healthy as well as the entire human body.
Foods that High in Beta Carotene
- Yellow and orange vegetables - carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes and winter squash.
- Yellow and orange fruits - apricots, cantaloupes, mangoes, nectarines, papaya and peaches.
- Green and dark green vegetables - broccoli, cilantro, collards (also high in calcium), kale, spinach, watercress and others. They are green in color because the chlorophyll masks the orange color, but they are high in beta carotene.
- Other plant sources - asparagus, peas, zucchini
It's scientifically proven that beta carotene can enhance skin's color. Beta carotene gives a warm glow to every skin type.
Tips on How to Increase Beta Carotene Levels
- Chop or juice foods that are rich in beta carotene to help release the nutrients of the food. Cut carrots into sticks or squeeze its juice or blend it with kale and apple to make a smoothie. You have to eat them raw to get all the nutrients needed by your body.
- Eat foods that are rich in beta carotene with a little fat to increase absorption. Make a salad like kale with olive oil or roast a winter squash, add carrots and tossed them with olive oil or add a little salt.
You can also use natural skin care products to have a more glowing and healthier skin. You can also add additional important nutritional elements to the skin to help improve the skin's complexion ability to boost skin vitality and slow aging. You can use natural skin care products with Retinol (Vitamin A), those with Vitamin C and Green Tea with polyphenol antioxidants. Before buying, check the product if they are organic ingredients to make sure that it can't harm your skin.
In order to have a glowing and healthy skin, you have to choose the food that you eat. Beta-carotene-rich foods or foods with yellow and orange color are better to the skin and your entire body. you can also use natural skin care products to enhance your skin's color and complexion to stop skin aging and prevent skin damage.