Acne is one of the most common problems suffered by both men and women of all ages. Teenagers and even adult are suffering acne breakout. There are several causes of acne and it does not affects adolescents only, but some adults are suffering acne due to hormonal changes, with age or due to skincare they are using.
Acne is an inflammatory condition of the skin and it should be treated well before it lead to hyperpigmentation and worst scarring. Here are causes of acne breakout that most people suffer.
- Using skincare products that contain pore-clogging ingredients. One of moisturizer ingredients that can clog pores and causes breakout is mineral oil. Another one is silicone in cosmetics and skincare products. Before buying skincare products or other beauty products, make sure that they don't contain these harmful ingredients and make sure they are label "noncomedogenic". It means that the product has been specifically formulated not to clog pores. However, if you're using a "noncomedogenic' product but still continuously suffering breakouts, stop using it and see your dermatologist. You could be allergic to ingredients that it contains.
- Eating Spicy Foods. There are some foods that contain ingredients that can be irritant to other people. Peppers and tomatoes contain acidic lycopene; it could shoot up some people's pH levels and can triggered breakouts. Some people also are allergic to bread, dairy products and other types of foods. If you're suffering from acne breakout, avoid eating spicy foods or dairy products or see your dermatologist immediately.
- Doing some home treatments. Over the counter skincare treatments are harmful to the skin especially over using it. They can cause dryness of skin that can eventually cause produce excess oil and skin blemishes. Skin treatments ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or Sulfur can worsen acne and pimples. They can help burn the top layer of the skin if constantly used. Instead of using an over the counter treatment for acne and pimple breakouts, stop using any skincare products that you're applying on your facial skin and consult a dermatologist.
- Some hair products' ingredients are dangerous to your skin. Your conditioner and shampoo are sometimes the cause of your breakout. There are some ingredients like silicons that most hair commercial hair products contain can seep into your skin pores and can clog inside it then it can result to chest acne or pesky pimples along your hairline. In order to avoid this acne, avoid keep off any residue of hair products from your face, chest and back when washing your hair. Also, make sure to wash your face after washing your hair to ensure that no residue left on your skin.
- Scrubbing skin too hard. Scrubbing your skin with facial scrubs, washcloth and rough exfoliants can damage the outer layer of your skin. The outer layer of the skin protects your skin from free radicals, UV rays and bacteria that can clog in your skin and eventually cause acne breakout. To avoid scrubbing off the outer layer of your skin, gently wash your face with gentle facial wash and moisturizes it with gentle cream or lotion.
There are several causes of acne breakout and there are some daily routine that you are doing that causes breakout and could worsen the inflammation if you continue doing it. Above are just some of the causes of acne breakouts that you should stop applying or doing. For acne-prone and sensitive-skin people, you can still have a blemish-free and glowing skin; just check your daily skincare routine and diet.