Aloe Vera plant is a medicinal plant that has been known as a remedy or gives relief for several skin problems such as dry skin, sunburn, acne and pimples. Aloe Vera has been called as 'plant of immortality by ancient Egyptians because of its healing properties. It's truly a miracle plant due to its various benefits to human health.
Aloe Vera has numerous benefits and uses to human skin and hair. Due to its benefits, it has been recognized and has become an essential natural ingredient used in various beauty products by several popular skin and hair brands. It has many properties that are helpful in treating several skin problems, such as flaky or dry skin, cosmetic disorders, hair and scalp problems.
Aloe Vera for Skin Treatment
- Skin Disorders Treatment. Aloe Vera has anti-allergic properties and it can be used to treat numerous skin problems, such as eczema, itchy skin, psoriasis, etc. Its healing and anti-allergic properties are helpful for blisters, insect bites and other allergic reactions treatment.
- Acne Treatment. Aloe Vera gel contains two hormones, Auxin and Gibberellin. They provide anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. And these properties help reduce blistering, inflammation and itchiness. Gibberellin is a growth hormone; it helps promote the growth of new skin cells and stimulates the skin to heal quickly and helps minimize scarring. However, it does not heals acne, it only reduce acne inflammation and redness of the skin. It can also be used to prevent acne and pimples.
- Sunburn and Stretch Marks Treatment. Due to Aloe Vera gel’s wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, it can help treat sunburn at the epithelial level of the skin, a layer of cells that covers the body. It also helps lessen the inflammation and pain associated with sunburn. It also helps replenish the skin’s natural moisture and serves as a protective shield for the skin against further deterioration. It also enables faster healing of the skin. It also helps to decrease stretch marks because of its natural healing characteristic.
- Prevent Skin Aging. Aloe Vera contains numerous anti-oxidants such as beta carotene, vitamin C and E that keep the skin hydrated and help improve the natural firmness of the skin. It also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles and loss of skin’s elasticity if applied regularly. It helps refresh skin by making soft and hydrated.
- Remove Skin Tan. In order to remove tan, use Aloe Vera and lemon juice face mask to get rid of unwanted tan. Just mix Aloe Vera gel and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture onto the affected area using your finger or cotton ball. Then leave it for about 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Due to Aloe Vera's amazing properties in wounds, burns, cysts, minor skin infections and other serious skin conditions like eczema, skin aging and stretch marks, it has been used as essential ingredient in several beauty and skin treatment products today. It is natural and it can also be used in different skin type. So for any skin ailments, Aloe Vera is your best bet in treating them. Aloe Vera is truly a miracle plant due to its several benefits and uses for health, skin and hair.